In this fly tying tutorial, we show you how to tie a highly effective Walt’s Worm variation, the Records’ Sexy Walt’s Worm. We provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to tie the fly, the hook range, alternative materials you can use, and how to fish it effectively.
The video demonstrates tying this nymph on a size 16 jig style hook with a slotted tungsten bead, perfect for euro nymphing.
- Hook: Size 16 Barbless Jig Style Hook
- Bead: Silver 2.8mm Slotted Tungsten Bead
- Wire: .010 Lead-Free Wire
- Thread: 6/0 Veevus Fluorescent Orange
- Ribbing: Micro Flashabou in Pearl
- Dubbing Material 1: Wapsi Sow Scud – Rainbow
- Dubbing Material 2: Hairline Hare’s Ear – Natural
- Dubbing Mixure: 2/3 Hare’s Ear to 1/3 Sow Scud
- Other: Super Glue
- Hook: Scud or straight nymph hook for size #18-20
- Bead: 2.3mm for a size #16. Will make two bead sizes for most hook sizes
- Thread: 8/0-16/0 Veevus Flourescent Orage or 70D UTC Fire Orange
- Ribbing: Sulky Tinsel in Silver Metalic
BEAD & HOOK SIZE CHART
Use this helpful chart to know what hook and bead size to pair together for jig style hooks with slotted beads.
Get Fly Fishing Content In Your Inbox
Subscribe to get notified when new fly fishing and fly tying content is available so you never miss a new article or video.Subscribe Now!